Skip to main content

PIA illegal appointments: Verdict reserved in acquittal plea of Mehtab Abbasi

pia illegal appointments mehtab abbasi

ISLAMABAD: An accountability court in Islamabad on Wednesday reserved its verdict in acquittal pleas of former aviation adviser, Sardar Mehtab Abbasi, and co-accused in a reference related to illegal appointments made in the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), ARY News reported. 

AC Judge Muhammad Bashir heard the pleas. After hearing the arguments from the counsel of the accused and NAB, the court reserved its verdict in the acquittal pleas till October 21.

Last year, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had filed a reference against the  Sardar Mehtab Abbasi and other accused over charges of illegal appointments made in the PIA.

The anti-corruption watchdog nominated Mehtab Abbasi, who had also served as a former governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and senior leader of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N), and Sqn. Ldr (Retd) Muhammad Irfan Elahi in a case related to illegal appointments in PIA.

Musharraf Rasool and Tariq Mehmood Pasha were also among the accused who were nominated in the fresh reference filed by NAB.

Read More: SC declares PIA CEO Musharraf Rasool’s appointment invalid

According to NAB sources, the reference was filed over the illegal appointment of Musharraf Rasool.

Sardar Mehtab Ahmed Khan Abbasi had been appointed as adviser to the prime minister on aviation during PML-N’s tenure in February 2017.

Whereas, Irfan Elahi had been made PIA acting chairman in addition to his assignment as the-then federal secretary of Aviation Division after being named by the board of directors of the national flag-carrier in December 2016. Later, he had stepped down from his post in May 2018.

The post PIA illegal appointments: Verdict reserved in acquittal plea of Mehtab Abbasi appeared first on ARY NEWS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Police arrest another suspect in Rimsha Wassan murder case

KHAIRPUR: Police on Tuesday arrested another suspect in Rimsha Wassan murder case during a raid in Khairpur, ARY News reported. Police said suspect Hidayatullah was arrested during the raid and weapons were recovered from his possession. They said the arrested suspect was a close aide of Zulfiqar Wassan, Sabir Wassan and Abdul Ghaffar. “The suspect will be produced before the Anti-Terrorism Court for remand,” said police. On March 19, an anti-terrorism court (ATC) had extended the remand of three suspects in Rimsha murder case for three more days for further investigations. Hearing the Rimsha murder case, the court, on the request of police, had decided to extend the physical remand of the suspects for three more days. Read More:  ATC extends suspects’ remand in Rimsha murder case According to the details, police had produced the prime suspect, Zulfiqar Wassan alias Zulfoo , his associates nominated in the case, Ghaffar Wassan and Sabir Wassan before the court amid strict se...

Sajal Aly, Ahad Raza Mir are already sending out wedding invites

Pakistan’s hot favourite celebrity couple Sajal Aly and Ahad Raza Mir are all set to tie the knot soon.  The pair has already started sending out wedding invitations to friends and family as fans eagerly wait for one of the biggest celebrity weddings of the year. The actors invited British Deputy High Commissioner, Mike Nithavrianakis, to their big day, who took to Twitter to share that it was wonderful meeting them. Thank you! Hope to see you at the wedding @MikeNith1 https://t.co/YtOOYBJuhq — Sajal Ali (@Iamsajalali) February 28, 2020 “They’ve been ‘married’ on-screen several times. Now for the real deal. Best wishes to them both,” he wrote. The Mom actress thanked him and said “Hope to see you at the wedding.” Earlier, a photo of a cake which had ‘Ahad aur Sajal ki dholki’ written over it went viral. The lovebirds got engaged in July last year after dating for a while. The post Sajal Aly, Ahad Raza Mir are already sending out wedding invites appeared first on...

India’s coronavirus cases rise by a daily record of 55,078

BENGALURU: India reported another record surge in daily COVID-19 cases on Friday, taking the total to 1.64 million, as the government further eases virus curbs in a bid to resuscitate the economy, while also trying to increase testing. Infections jumped by 55,078 in the past 24 hours, while the death toll rose by 779 to 35,747, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said on its website. The ministry also said it aimed to raise the country’s capacity to 1 million coronavirus tests per day in the medium term, from a record 600,000 on Friday. The federal government this week announced the reopening of yoga institutes and gymnasiums, and removed restrictions on the movement of people and goods. The post India’s coronavirus cases rise by a daily record of 55,078 appeared first on ARY NEWS .